You may wish to highlight a particular moment in your Animotica video by briefly speeding up or slowing down the footage. This can help draw attention to an important action or reaction.
The Split tool allows you to isolate a section of a clip so you can alter its playback speed independently from the rest of the video. Here's how to do it:
Split the Clip
- Import the clip you want to modify into your Animotica project timeline.
- Move the playhead to the beginning of the section you want to split off.
- Click the Split tool (scissors icon). This will divide the clip into two sections.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the end of the section, splitting it from the rest of the clip. You should now have three distinct sections.
Change Playback Speed
- Select the center split section that you want to speed up or slow down.
- Open the Speed settings and adjust the speed percentage as desired.
The selected section will now play noticeably faster or slower than the rest of the clip when you preview it. You can fine-tune the timing until you achieve the effect you're looking for.
The Split tool is very handy for emphasizing moments in Animotica videos by altering the playback.
Happy editing! ✨